With the notice of the provincial sports bureau: to promote the work of sports facilities and sports events in a steady and orderly manner, it is believed that the marathon will return this autumn!
And this November, there are many popular domestic marathons running at the same time! Hangzhou Marathon, Chongqing Marathon, Yangzhou Half Marathon, Shanghai Marathon … Which race would you choose to participate in?
1. Hangzhou Marathon
The Hangzhou Marathon, a double gold race, has been running for 33 years and is the second largest race in China after the Beijing Marathon.
2020 Hangzhou Marathon & Race Information
- Race Date: November 1, 2020
- Starting Point: Hangzhou Huanglong Sports Center
- Registration: Hangzhou Marathon website – hzim.org
2019 Hangzhou Marathon registration winning rate
- Marathon: 37,260 entries, 17,000 set number, about 46% success rate
- Half marathon: 59739 entries, 10,000 set number, about 17% success rate
2. Chongqing Marathon
2020, the 10th anniversary of the Chongqing Marathon! Although Chongqing, as a mountain city, is known as the Magic City of 8D, the Chongqing Marathon, which starts on Nanbin Road, is known as one of the easiest PB tracks in China by its runners with a flat return track.
2020 Chongqing Marathon & Race Information
- Race Date: 1 November 2020
- Starting Point: Nanbin Road, Chongqing
- Registration: Chongqing Marathon website – cqmarathon.com
2019 Chongqing Marathon registration win rate
- Marathon: 48,608 entries, 12000 set number, about 25% success rate
- Half Marathon: 32,423 entries, 5500 set number, about 17% success rate
3. Yangzhou Half Marathon
The Yangzhou Half Marathon was founded in 2006, and in 15 years, it has grown into a popular and excellent event with a good reputation. And in 2020, the Yangzhou Half Marathon will be the eighth consecutive international gold standard, and has been awarded the right to host the 2022 WADA Half Marathon Championship!
Yangzhou Half Marathon & Race Information
- Race Date: 8 November 2020
- Starting Point: Marathon Park, Yangzhou, Jiangsu
- Registration: Yangzhou Marathon website – yzmls.com
2019 Yangzhou Marathon registration win rate
- Half marathon: 78632 entries, 30000 set number, about 38% success rate
- Mini-marathon: 23291 entries, 5000 set number, about 21% success rate
4. Shanghai Marathon
The 2020 Shanghai Marathon was upgraded to a Platinum Standard event, becoming the first Platinum Standard marathon in China! It also means it’s harder to apply this year!
Shanghai Marathon & Race Information
- Race Date: November 29, 2020
- Starting Point: Golden Bull Plaza on the Bund, Shanghai
- Registration: Shanghai Marathon website – shmarathon.com
2019 Shanghai Marathon Registration Winning Rate
- Marathon: 109,299 entries, 24000 set number, about 22% success rate.
- Ten kilometres: 33,408 entries, 5500 set number, about 17% success rate.
- Fitness Run: 12,663 entries, 7000 set number, about 55% success rate.
5. Beijing Marathon
The Beijing Marathon will be celebrating its 40th year as the most anticipated event for runners! The 2020 Beijing Marathon is scheduled to be held in October-November, according to the website of the Beijing Sports Competition Management Center.
With the Shanghai Marathon officially upgraded to become the first Platinum Standard event in China, the Beijing Marathon’s 40th anniversary is also highly desirable to see if it can be upgraded to a second Platinum Standard event.
Beijing Marathon & Race Information
- Race Date: October-November 2020 (proposed)
- Starting Point: Tiananmen Square, Beijing
- Registration: Beijing Marathon website – beijing-marathon.com
2019 Beijing Marathon registration win rate
- Marathon: 165,704 entries, 25000 set number, about 15% success rate
Which marathon race would you most like?
In addition, this November has been confirmed races: Nanjing Marathon (11.8), Nanchang Marathon (11.8), Hefei Marathon (11.8), China Marathon Classic (11.22)…
I’ve always wanted to run a marathon!
Yes, life without running a marathon is a pity; Life is actually like a marathon. So if you want to run a marathon, create the habit of running each day, and start training a month in advance to keep your body in better shape.
Lastly, for all the above marathon entry requirements: runners who are at least 20 years old and in good physical condition can enter the race. We can all watch the marathon in the streets if we can’t make it.
Let’s shout and cheer for all the marathon runners, the warriors!